Sunday, March 4, 2012

Winter Wood Eyes

It's been a winter without snow here in New Jersey.  Therefore, I get to focus much more closely on the brush and stone, moss and lichen.  The colors, although a bit more subtle than spring and summer blooms, are vibrant just the same.  When I traipse through the winter woodland  I never feel alone.  Somehow eyes peek out at me and spy with a curious countenance.  The expressions are priceless and lest anyone think that I am losing it (like my brother) - see for yourself.


Wintergreen face

Puddingstone with a smile

Feigning sleep

Mouse eyes with a lichen and leaf beret.


The only one with sharp looking teeth!


I like this happy guy.  A sweet bark face.


This one looks a little confused - I can relate.


I always smile back.


You lookin' at me?

winter hike
stopping often  to catch
a backwards glance

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Terri. So glad you came along! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your woodland "creatures". Thanks for sharing your winter walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! What a way to walk through nature!

    ReplyDelete