Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Today

I give myself
permission to drift
with a breeze that bends
the tip of a limb 

to float on 
the high and low notes 
of birdsong at dusk
and pink clouds of a day's yawn

to listen to a blade
of grass whistle its green
or to know what a stone 
takes for granted

I give myself permission
to daisy dream of roots 
tickled by the soil
while tickling it back

wherin the wings
of a hummingbird's hum
would I hide feeding
on the nectar of honeysuckle vine

today
I give myself permission

ag / 2012

4 comments:

  1. I love this especially the line that says, "to know what a stone takes for granted" beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, M. Someday (soon), we will not have to give ourselves permission - we will know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... This is beautiful! I love every line of this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Christine :) Sweet of you to say so. Andrea

    ReplyDelete