Thursday, July 12, 2012

The moment chooses us.








July is being her sassypants self with this heat.

Somehow I no longer mind. I've made my peace with the weather.

Actually, I was on the bay side of the barrier island in hurricane force winds last week and the most intense squall I have ever experienced yet. I actually challenged the lightning to strike. There was quite a show in the room upstairs with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the bay and the house shaking. Thunder booming. Water broke over the bulkhead in waves, and it was like being on a ship at sea in a storm. I was alone upstairs, and I fully understood the fury of the storm. I was grateful for this too.


in an email to Robin - July 7, 2012

4 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting. I love to experience raw nature :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I also meant to say that I have found it so true that "the moment chooses us." :)

      Delete
  2. Our weather has been the same. Love your storm cloud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I actually love storms that pass through without damage. I relate to the emotional outbursts!?!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete