Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Seduction of Romance

What is romance?  What is romantic?  As with any art, the answer lies in the heart of the beholden.  It may be flowers on Valentines day, a wedding proposal on one knee...etc.  However, I relate best to the romance of life in moments of simple living with joy, humor, beauty, solitude, whisps of melancholia and yes even those sorrowing times of loss.

Lately I have come to realize that for me, romance is always more romantic after the fact.  Somehow I tend to fully recognize and absorb it best over time and through reflection.  I am also one of those people who comes up with a brilliant retort after the conversation is over.  I'm not complaining, just pondering. 

only in hindsight ...



pillow mint
what I know of romance
in hindsight



november rain
what I know of romance
only in hindsight




morning breeze
what I know of romance
now in hindsight





3 comments:

  1. I love the first one especially, Andrea. "Pillow mint"--all the associations that conjures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kate snd maggie. It is fun to see how the first line changes the flow through the rest of the poem. They each have a unique suggestion. (To the reader as well as me)!

    ReplyDelete